Job Description :
A Salesforce Marketing Cloud Technical Architect (TA) is a strategic position to our customers and within the professional services organization. TA resources are experienced technical subject matter experts within specific domains of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud applications and tools and must be able to articulately consult with clients on these. TA resources generally focus on one or more of the following domains: Data, scripting, API and/or integrations.
The TA will be working in a project team on client facing engagements. Typically on the larger projects the TA will work alongside a Solution Architect (SA) to assist and validate the SA in specific technical areas as well the overall solution. On smaller engagements it's possible that an SA isn't required and the TA will work alone (with a Project Manager) taking on a hybrid role. The TA must therefore be comfortable in taking on the role as technical lead and therefore possess good consultancy skills or aspire to this.
- Validate technical design and solution
- Ability to solution based on client requirements
- Clearly and articulately document solutions
- Ability to scope, define and manage work packages. The TA will potentially be implementing work packages or managing work packages to be built by other team members or teams.
- Provide technical consultation on Salesforce Market Cloud tool set and solutions
- Develop specialties in Salesforce Marketing Cloud data management, scripting languages, API, and/or integrations
- Execute advanced configuration/development activities per assigned work orders
- Serve as a technical liaison to product teams to support custom and/or atypical initiatives
- Conduct solutions testing and validation
- Support documentation process by providing applicable artifacts (code samples, screenshots, etc.)
- Travel to client sites for onsite discovery and solutions presentations. Not expected to exceed 25%.
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Computer Information Systems, or similar degree preferred) or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
- Proficient developing SQL and experience with a RDBMS such as MS SQL Server (preferable), MySQL or Oracle.
- Experience with at least 2 client side programming languages such as .NET (C# or VB), JAVA, PHP, Ruby, C++, Visual Basic, Python
- Experience working with APIs - preferably SOAP and REST based APIs
- Experience with server side web development design languages, scripting tools, and protocols such as HTTP, CSS, XSLT, AJAX, JQuery
- Experience working with 1 or more modern integrated development environments (i.e. MS Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse or others)
- Experience working with visualization software applications such as MS Visio
- Experience in building stored procedures and reports. Ideally has a command of SSRS and SSIS. Ability to performance optimization techniques and has a good grasp of data architecture.
- Good level of documentation. Ability to scope, define and manage work packages.
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Familiarity with systems integrations such as CRM, Content Management, POS/Commerce, or Web Analytics preferred
- Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, data encryption preferred